Achievement Standard 91011 (1.5) 'Weather with You'
Achievement Standard 91011 (1.5) Geographic research
Conduct geographic research, with direction
Ever wondered what happened to the weather component within your Geography programme?
- This internal achievement standard focuses on observing the weather conditions and patterns in your local area. Students are required to collect data by carrying out research with teacher direction by observing weather conditions in your local area, drawing a conclusion about how accurate your local weather forecast is compared to MET SERVICE data or newspaper weather reports or other internet records.
- Pre-teaching resources and activities relating to the research of weather conditions are included, with a suggested teaching sequence
- Skills based activities are included to improve the student’s application of skills in a variety of geographic contexts
- The activities have been developed to enhance important outcomes for diverse learners by applying the Best Evidence Synthesis in Social Sciences – the 4 key mechanisms of connection, alignment, communityand interest.
- Written with past moderation experience, current Social Science advisor and up-to-date NZQA and MoE practices
- This CD includes:
Pre-teaching activities (OVER 20 activities included) with a possible teaching sequence
Useful links to support the teaching and learning programme