Achievement Standard 91009 (1.3) 'Sustaining a Slice of Paradise'
- This internal achievement standard looks at the sustainable use of tourism in the Maldives – how and why the Maldives is used for tourism, the consequences of tourism on people and places, and how the Maldives can be used sustainably
- An assessment which gives students a broader concept of Geography, and can be easily compared to tourism in New Zealand
- Pre-teaching resources and activities relating to the issues associated with tourism are included, with a suggested teaching sequence
- Skills based activities are included to improve the student’s application of skills in a variety of geographic contexts
- The activities are varied and are designed to develop the key competencies and most importantly engage your students. These have been developed to enhance important outcomes for diverse learners by applying the Best Evidence Synthesis in Social Sciences – the 4 key mechanisms of connection, alignment, community and interest.
- Written with past moderation experience, current Social Science advisor and up-to-date NZQA and MoE practices
- This CD includes:
Pre-teaching activities (20 activities) with a possible teaching sequence
Useful links to support the teaching and learning programme